Working History of the Building Company “Mamisoni” Ltd
Building Company “Mamisosni” Ltd and its basic staff continues the traditions founded by the famous professional Honorable engineer of Georgia, and Russian federation the manager of construction business Avtandil Chaladze.
Unique building complexes and structures were constructed by immediate participation of the building company leaders. According to the executed works the company and its leaders got honored authority and recognition as in Georgia so outside the country.
During the existence of the company were constructed different kind structures: hydro technical complexes, civil- and manufacturing buildings.
Hydro technical construction
Current leader of the company took part in constructing of such unique hydro technical complexes as Enguri, Vartsikhe and Zhinvali hydroelectric complexes.
In 1978-1985yy under the leadership of Avtandil Chaladze was executed one of the most important and unique project – construction of complex of Zhinvali hydraulic facilities on the River Aragvi, solving energetic problems and also potable water supplying problems of Tbilisi and Rustavi. Constructing area was extended on 50km, starting from 101m height dam (at village Ananuri) and finishing at Tbilisi Sea with treating buildings.
Hydroelectric complex includes: deep water intake and outlet constructions, underground hydroelectric power station building, buffer pool and closed water conduit with pipes by diameter of 3.5 m etc.
It should be noted High scales of construction of hydro technical tunnels. Totally were driven different kind tunnels of 40 km length, among them the most difficult was tunneling of 8.6 km length water outlet, which is driven under the Aragvi river-bed, where the most complicated mining-geological conditions occur and underground pressure amounted 200-250t/m2.
Construction of underground hydroelectric power station building, located at the depth of 70m underground, should be regarded as a merit on company’s part.
A number of constructions of hydro technical buildings and rehabilitation-reconstruction works were carried out during years, including structure of headwork back intake for thermoelectric power station near Tbilisi and Rustavi, and for irrigation system; rehabilitation-protection of fast-flowing of Satskhene HEPS; rehabilitation-reconstruction of Rioni HEPS spillway; construction-reconstruction of headwork of Tezi-Okami irrigation system and etc.
An underground reservoir of potable water with capacity of 2X5000m3 was constructed in densely populated area of Tbilisi, on the Nutsubidze Plato, which is characterized by its trustworthiness, minimal affect on the existed landscape and economy of housing territory.
On the basis of intergovernmental agreement in 2000 year, the company continued working in Russian Federation, on the territory of North Osetian Republic –Alania. Company took part in construction of Zaramag Hydrotechnical structure complex.
Zaramag HPP represents a complex of interconnected cascade hydro power stations. It includes a "power plant" (near-dam plant, with capacity 15 MW, the average annual output -31 m. KW.H), and the "Plant -1" (diversion type, with capacity 342 MW, average annual output 789
m. KW.H). The “Plant-1” is with the highest pressure (610m) hydropower plant all over the territory of Russia.
Zaramag HPP head building complex consists of:
- Soil dam, volume – 2m m3, crest length – 300m.
- Construction - Operating spillway, which includes regulated spillway with discharge 469 m3/s; construction tunnel with length -520 m, and diameter 5 m; and the open spillway channel, located at tunnel portal, with 8m length span;
- Bottom intake for getting water from the reservoir. Where the water flows to the # 1 pressure tunnel and then to Zaramag HPP 31 diversion path. Water intake is inclined and equipped with grating and repair shield;
- Pressure Tunnel # 1, through which water is supplied to the main HPP and then HPP # 1. The tunnel length is 674.29 m, and section - 7.0X7.3 m. lining is done by reinforced concrete.
- Open-topped head building of Powerhouse, by size - 24.60.42 m (volume of ferroconcrete works - 45 000 m3)
- Road tunnel with section 56 m2 and length – 600m;
- Internal- and reservoir bypass roads with artificial structures provided by the project, including a bridge over the River Ardon with superstructure – 24m.
Zaramag HPP # 1 is a complex of engineering buildings, a significant part of which is located in the underground, and includes the following buildings:
- Free flow diversion tunnel # 2 (conductivity - 65 m3/s) through which water is supplied to the power surge nodes. Tunnel length - 14882m, sections - 4.5X4.0 m, with concrete lining. Tunnel route crossed the complicated by tectonic faults, folded intrusive, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. Eight faces and three access adits were organized for tunneling.
- Daily regulation basin, with capacity of 250 000 m3;
- Turbine water passage for the power turbine water supply. It consists of: open steel - reinforced concrete pipeline, by diameter - 4.4m; the underground vertical pit, by diameter - 3.6m and a length -507m; and two sub-horizontal tunnel water passages with length - 1012 m.
- Building of the HPP # 1 is overground, where two hydraulic units with 173 MW capacity are installed. Dimensions of the machine hall - 42.7X32 m.
As a general leaseholder company successfully carried out its duties and responsibilities, and in spite of existed obstacles in the high mountainous area with the most complicated topography and climatic conditions, finished the construction of headwork’s’ complex in 2008, and ensured its operation in the arranged limits.
The company also implemented a number of riverbank protection works and constructed protective structure:
- The Shorokhevi riverbank protection works at the village Baghlojiani, where the bank, washed out by the river, was restored by the soil dam and the protected by gabions and mattresses. Total volume - 4124 m3;
- The Supsa River right bank protection in Chokhatauri district. Was arranged gabion bank protection with total volume of 2156 m3;
- The Skuncha River bank protection works in Ozurgeti district. Was arranged an open ferroconcrete channel along the entire length of the settlement;
- North - South Gas Pipeline Rehabilitation, which includes: restoring of underscoured by flood soil dam along the gas pipeline route and arrangement of protective concrete wall with length 166 m. Volume of works - 747 m3. Also at Pasanauri riverbank protection by galvanized gabions, volume - 456 m3.
Rehabilitation works of the Patara Khevdzmara River damaged collector section in Tbilisi: pit processing, volume of 93 900 m3. Arrangement of a new 200 m long collector and backfilling.
Building Company “Mamisosni” Ltd also successfully executes the cascade concrete construction works on river Aragvi, near Gudauri for small hydropower.
The construction process includes:
1) Power house construction. Parameters: (28*13.10)m
Steel/ferro-concrete reinforcement: 106.8 Tones
2) Control office and transformer buildings construction (14*10.2)m Concrete: 215.65m3 Steel/ferro-concrete reinforcement: 25.905 Tones
3) Water Intake and De-Sander Left Concrete: 728m3 Steel/ferro-concrete reinforcement: 50 Tones
4) Water Intake and De-Sander Right
Concrete: 570m3 Steel/Ferro-concrete reinforcement: 24.6 Tones
5) Balance Reservior
Concrete: 275m3 Steel/Ferro-concrete reinforcement: 13.75 Tones
6) Valve Building ( Valve Chamber) Concrete: 178.2m3 Steel/Ferro-concrete reinforcement: 13.03 Tones
7) Conduit Bridge: Concrete: 295.0m3 Steel/Ferro-concrete reinforcement: 5.25 Tones
Construction of Traffic Facilities
A road, by using of overhung constructions, was built in the Enguri River gorge, which simultaneously solved as technical so ecological issues;
15 km length road and two unique bridges were built between villages Zhinvali and Ananuri, along the Georgian Military Road;
Construction of Alkun-Targimi motor road was executed in very complicated engineering and geological conditions in Ingush Republic, Russian federation;
Traffic centre - at the Heroes’ square and multi span overpass at the bridge of King Tamar were constructed in Tbilisi; Tbilisi-Tbilisi airport highway section; 12 km length bypass of town Sochi;
Significant works were carried out on the reconstruction-widening of Poti Port. A parking for lorries and a railway - ferry-boat crossing, connecting Georgia to European countries, were built.
After the war in 2008, the company returned in Georgia and in a keen competition could perform the construction works by cost 12, 08 million GEL among them 3, 14 million GEL – in 2009, and 8, 94 million GEL – in 2010 year.
Rehabilitation of existed bridge over the River Tskhenistskali of Senaki-Nokalakevi-Bandza-Khoni road Were performed rehabilitation works of the bridge damaged structures (total length of the bridge 114 m),also river flow directing structures lined by crashed stone and regulating dams by length 640l.m.at the village Matkhodji was arranged 200 l.m length protective dam, lined with crashed stone.
At Kvareli-Chalistskali reservoir was arranged rectangular ferroconcrete pipe by length 12m and section 4.6X6 0.0.
Rehabilitation works of the bridge over the river Potskhovi at the road of Akhaltsikhe - Ninotsminda - Armenian border were performed, namely: a protective-regulating wall was arranged on the bored and cast-in-place piles along the access to the bridge fill (ferroconcrete volume of 1227 m3).
At the intersectio of Tbilisi-Leselidze highway and Gori City water-supplying pipeline(84th km), pipes by diameter 600mm and 900mm, was arranged 51 m long gallery
Arrangement works of piers and tunnel curved sections of the connecting the Heroes' Square - Tamarashvili street overpass.
Riverbank protective works at the village Mleta of Mtskheta - Stefantsminda - Larsi road 80 km. Was organized massive protective rubble concrete wall, volume - 1256 m3, and gabion wall of 784 m total volume was arranged on it, and the washed out road bed was restored.
At the 81 - km of the was protected the damaged retaining wall with ferroconcrete abutment and protecting casing wall. Besides the roadbed width limits were ensured by providing gabions made of galvanized wire.
Along Mtskheta - Stefantsminda - Larsi highway 129km, the most difficult mountainous topography, were performed restoration works of existed galleries with total length 97m (Dariali canyon): was removed the damaged road and paving blocks; were restored: railing sections and control joints, and the new road bed with hot bituminous concrete was arranged.
In Atchara the concrete motor way, connecting town Khulo to the village Qedlebi and mountain-skiing complex, was arranged. Total length of the road is 5km. Also artificial structures and traffic safety equipment were arranged along the road according to the project. In addition, the volume of concrete and reinforced concrete works amounts 5180 m3.
Rehabilitation works of the bridge over the river Intsoba at 77km of Tianeti-Akhmeta-Kvareli-Ninigori road, such as - the demolition of the bridge access damaged regulating structures and arrangement of new regulating-protective ferroconcrete walls over the peirs, total volume – 510 m3.
Arrangement of classic design ferroconcrete bridge with superstructure over the piers (pier length 32m) instead of oversized bridge on the Darcheli-Ganmukhuri road.
Construction works have been performed that have been financed by The Municipal Development Fund of Georgia, in Cageri.
Construction works included:
1) Construction of right and left side dikes on river Tskhenistskhali
2) Construction of bridge on river Sakhravela
3) Enlargement of Lasaura bridge 2*21m
Construction process included:
1) Soil works: 62,874 m3
2) Concrete 231m3
3) Cobble Stone 25908m3
Modern methods are widely used while engineering of underground structures. Our company has built the following significant objects:
- One of the most unique tunnels in the world tunnel driving practice is Arkhoti tunnel of the trance-Caucasian railway, which should cross Great Caucasus. The length of tunnel was 23.3km and its cross-section – 110 m2. Preparatory works were executed, necessary infrastructure such as industrial bases, cultural and social objects and others were made, and several meters length tunnel was driven. At present object is closed.
- Tunnels of trance-Caucasian pipeline in the Dariali gorge, where significant works were executed while crossing Devdoraki glacier.
- Roads tunnels along the Georgian Military Road and Sochi bypass and along Spitaki-Nalbandin and Sevan-Dilizhan (Armenia) motor roads.
- Metro stations and passageway tunnels in Tbilisi and Moscow.
- Derivation tunnels and pressure tunnels with different cross-sections, included in Zaramag Hydrotechnical structure complex.
Along Khaisi-Mestia road was built a road-tunnel with 160m length and 92m2cross, which was arranged on a rocky steep slope bypassing narrow galleries. Tunnel construction made possible continuous and safe handling of modern dimension transport along the road section.
Rehabilitation-reconstruction works were executed at Rikoti tunnel weak geological sections along the main road of Georgia. The works included: for ensuring tunnel reliability steel casing installation with double-tee profile arches; except tunnel lining, grouting of existing massive
(volume 251 m3) was performed, and self-drilling anchors of modern construction up to 20 m in depth (total length 8017 l.m.) were arranged across the rocky massive.
The main highway at the Rikoti tunnel's fragile geological sections of the construction works, such as the reliability of the installation of the steel casing ortesebri Profile arches, tunnels friend behind by the massive tsementatsia 251 m3 and arranged modern design tvitmburghavi anchors the rocky massif in the 20 m depth of 8017 meters long length.
At 103 km (Saldatskaia) and 102 km (Belaia) of Mtskheta - Stefantsminda - Larsi international importance road were carried out rehabilitation works of existing tunnels, with total length 518 i.m.
In May of 2013 at 96km and 107km “Mamisoni” started works for 3 tunnels reconstruction with total length of 1100m
In 1997 the company won tender of Supsa terminal construction of Baku-Tbilisi-Supsa pipeline. As a subcontractor of foreign firms (“Keler”- Germany, “Entropos” –France, “TML-Borova” – Turkey) the company executed works in the limits efficiently.
With collaboration of New Zeland Company “McConel Dowel” and Turkish Company “Tekpen” the company constructed pressure lowering stations for oil pipeline and carried out works at separate sections of the route.
It should be noted construction of “British Petroleum” gas-filling station in Tbilisi airport; crashing-sorting enterprise of Kaeshut quarry in Turkmenistan.
In Tbilisi, at the adjacent territory of Tbilisi airport and in the Arsena Street were carried out constructing-reconstructing works of different cross-section outfall pipes with total length of 4km.
Engineering of Civil, Cultural and Religion Buildings
Our company was greatly honored to take part in construction of Holly Trinity Cathedral Church. The Company built the monolith structure and Church Tower (bell tower) of this unique building.
During the years were constructed such buildings as restaurant “McDonalds” on the Rustaveli Avenue in Tbilisi, Bazaleti complex; carried out foundation protecting works of the Rustaveli Theatre; were built and reconstructed shopping complexes on the Leselidze street and Qetevan Tsamebuli Avenue, and other objects giving beauty and local color to our city.
Our company is ready to collaborate with everyone, who wishes to build modern constructions.